Thursday, February 28, 2013

Not much to report

I haven't written a post in a while.  Lots has been going on in my personal life, not so much in the backyard.

Currently, the backyard is covered by 7" of snow :-/.  This weekend, it's supposed to be in the 60's, so I'm hoping we can get some backyard projects done: Primarily, building the new chicken run, and putting a vinyl door on the chicken coop, so the chickens can come and go as they please.

Those darn eggs haven't hatched, yet!  They're scheduled to hatch tomorrow, and at this point, if only ONE hatches I'll be thrilled.  Incubating eggs is A LOT of work!

Boston...the chicken killa.... is still here.  The guy from TN bailed, so Boston's supposed to be going to a hound rescue this weekend.  It's been a lot of work keeping the 3 chickens we have left safe in the backyard until Boston gets relocated.

The veggies I planted indoors have sprouted...well, some of them have. The cauliflower and broccoli are growing nicely, no sign of the peppers or tomatoes yet.

I guess that's all for now.  I'll take videos & pics of those chicks hatching tomorrow *fingers crossed*!

No comments:

Post a Comment